Strong shortlist for the Internet Pioneer Awards
REGISTRATION for the show here!
Ridehuset is on June 3 from 19-22.30 host to the Internet Pioneer Awards, with everything an awardshow should have - speeches, free bar sponsored by Mjølner Informatics, a birthdaybar hosted by Discovercity and a DJ supplying loungemusic.
Everybody has been able to sumbit nominees, who have contributed to the use of the internet within the categories Technology, Services/Applications and Rethink.
25 Danish internet pioneers were nominated in total for the Internet Pioneer Awards. The jury has counted their votes and are down to nine in the final run for the awards. And within this field is found everything from programmers and bloggers to IT entrepreneurs and advisors.
- Once again we have received some very valid nominations, which clearly signifies that Denmark has some visionary personalities, who have contributed and helped make the internet what it is today, says Aino Vonge Corry, Head of the jury.
Jury hard at work
The jury consisting of Head of the jury and owner of Metadeveloper Aino Vonge Corry, journalist and last years winner of the Rethink award Henrik Føhns, business developer in More.Creative and Aarhus2017 Mette Boel and IT wizard Preben Mejer is now working overtime to choose the three internetpersonalities to win from the nine nominees on the shortlist.
- When choosing the winners we emphasise finding a pioneer from each category, who has had a significant and positive influence on the use of the internet in Denmark, but not necessarily something that is visible to the average Dane. We want to promote the people, who have changed the way we view and use the internet and give them the honour they deserve, says Aino Vonge Corry.
The Technology category:
- Kasper Lund: Co-designer of V8, the virtual machine in the worlds most widespread browser Google Chrome.
- Poul-Henning Kamp: Avid champion of privacy rights in the use of the internet in Denmark. Has been co-developer of FreeBSD operative system.
- Bjarne Stroustrup: Designer of the C++ programming language. Software in cellphones, cars, planes etc are based on C++ or a language developed from it.
The Services and Application category:
- Jørgen Balle Olesen: The man behond Saxo.com, Denmarks largest online bookstore.
- Christian Peytz: President of FDIM, powerful player and mover in the market of commercial internet media in Denmark
- Podio.com: An internet-based platform to improve and enhance collaborations and co-creation.
The Rethink category:
- Anni Marquard: Passionated lead on Cyberhus, a digital chatplatform with counselling to vulnerable children and youngsters.
- Thomas Madsen-Mygdal: Introduced blogging, Twitter and videoblogging to the Danish public.
- Morten Lervig: Unites art and IT and makes it accessible to Danes.
The winners are announced at the Internet Pioneer Awards June 3. Free seats still available.